Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Table

This one goes out to my fans.
I'll show you a few things I enjoyed this Easter.  Namely, setting the table.


The Adult Table.  The flowering branches on the buffet were snatched from a sloppy yard.  It pays to keep a pair of sheers in your car this time of year.

These arrangements of birds perched on a mini bouquet of flowers gave me more delight than you can imagine. 



 Nesty place card holder. I'd like to draw your attention to the little hatching chic in the egg cup.  He's a deviled egg and he was delicious.  Justin laboriously made them with love.

You might not believe me, but this was prettier in person.

Put a Bird on It!

Kids table.
 


This center piece was a piece of cake.  It is a knock off of an center piece my cousin made.  Only she blew out the eggs and grew grass from seed, while I spent all of 5 minutes shoving dirt and moss from my backyard, then quickly adding spare flowers and boiled eggs to mine.



These edible nests are made of chocolate, butterscotch, and chow mien noodles.  Finally!  The kids can have something sweet on Easter!  I ate two of them.



Kids at Kid's table.

 Because it's my blog and I can get away with it, here is Violet last Easter...



..and here she is this Easter!

There was a lot more of this.

 I've decided that having my picture taken next to a baby isn't flattering to my skin, but what can I do about it?


The only time I could get all 3 boys together was at the end of the day.  They are always like this on Sunday nights.  Wild.

5 comments:

Bonnie Weeks said...

I love the centerpieces! I'm absolutely sure they were prettier in person, because little birds make everything better. I will have to do this next spring. And I still need to make the chow mein noodles...or scotcheroos.

Janalee said...

So when you said the centerpiece was a piece of cake, I was thinking you meant actual cake and had to read it over and over and over trying to figure it out. Moss from her back yard? Then I got it.

Tell me I'm not the only.

This post makes me feel envious and a dud at the same time.

Judy Ethington said...

Wow! All of it looks like it was in a magazine. Super creative and beautiful in a fresh innocent way. Very proud of you, daughter!

Judy Ethington said...

Wow! All of it looks like it was in a magazine. Super creative and beautiful in a fresh innocent way. Very proud of you, daughter!

Angie K. said...

How did I miss this post? I could go on and on about this. So much pretty! So very clever! SOOO much time! So well done.

Your boys are still so handsome. And your daughter is gorgeous! I love her basket pictures, I can't believe how much she has grown. I love her.