Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter White Table


Yes, I'm still going on about this. We're on to winter now! 
We did something we haven't done in years: hosted an adult dinner party. I have been hesitant to talk about this because we only invited as many friends as we could sit at one table, and believe me when I say we barely skimmed the bucket of friends we would have liked to have over. So if you weren't invited, and you probably weren't, no hard feelings. I mean we didn't really even like the guests who did come over!

Here is the basic table, china, charger, silver, everything you need besides the napkin. It's nice but boring.

Now here is the same table, only jazzersized up with candles and I walked around the house and collected all the silver and white Christmas decorations I already owned.

In haste I sent this picture to my Grandma and asked "what should I edit? It's too much, right?"

She quoted Liberace and told me to keep it all, as is. 
The white feather trees were a little too tall to talk over, so once we all sat down I replaced them with the bunch of babies-breathe you see on the back buffet.


Something I'll never do again because they take so long: instead standard place card holders, I painted a peg-person ornament for each guest. Again, I ran this past my Grandma who I thought would talk me out of it, but instead she talked me into it. "They'll probably forget about the food you served, but will remember their ornament every year."

Here is where I wish I had thought ahead: I was planning on putting each peg-person in a little white box and tying it with a silver ribbon. Like little white coffins on each plate. But Justin said No! Let the guests find them self on the table, standing on a plate! Which was a great idea, only I had painted the guests in clothing they usually wore, and if I had thought they were going to be out in the open I would have painted them in white, gray, or blues to match the table. *Sigh*, you just can't think of it all. The real kick in the pants is that my guests showed up in, get this, color coordinated clothing! Noticing that I color coordinate my family each week for church, the guests conspired to color coordinate for the dinner party. They were in black, white, gray, or silver, which is to say they would have matched what their peg people were wearing!! I wouldn't have been able to handle it.
Coming up next, Woodland Valentines Table! Kidding. I think. 

4 comments:

Judy Ethington said...

That is really beautiful, Alisha. Who were the guests that you didn't like?? Lol

Judy Ethington said...

That is really beautiful, Alisha. Who were the guests that you didn't like?? Lol

Melissa Myers said...

Totally wish Tom and I had been invited to that winter white party.

Donna Robert said...

The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967