Sunday, January 12, 2014

Woodland Table for Fall

Okay, let's not make this any longer than it needs to be. You'll be relieved to hear there are NO fairy houses to be found. I've moved on.  In deed, this table was rather quick and inexpensive. A quick note about the weather this day: dark, rainy, blustery. Perfect for enjoying the warm glow of candles and eating soup. Then right as I pulled my camera out, the sun burst through the clouds, just to ruin my photos. It retreated for the rest of the day.
Basic dishes plus a brass charger.
Here is what the table is composed of:  a table runner made of sticks. I bought it a few years ago, and let's just say it's paid for itself. Dried woodland animals made of sticks and straw, sitting on a brass pedestal with dried moss underneath them. Gold candles. Books in rusty colors. Acorns, they are free.99 around here in fall. And most importantly..

Leaves! Lots and lots of gorgeous fall leaves. You can't buy flowers this beautiful this time of year. These all came from  my yard. I pruned a few bushes. A small downside is that you can't set out the leaves far in advance, they dry out and get crunchy. So I picked and pruned on the morning of my lunch, soaking myself in the pouring rain. All for a "pretty table" that was thrown my direction.
 


Wait, how did these get in there?
Acorn and maple leaf cookies for dessert.

In my humble opinion, a successful color scheme for fall requires a fair amount of self control. I had aubergine, rusty orange, bright orange, red, or golden napkins I could have used. But but keeping most everything else neutral,  the saturated color of the leaves really stand out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! Woodland Creek Furniture