Monday, December 14, 2009

Coolidge Cunnundrum, A Rock and A Hard Place







Dear Alisha,

Suppose Mariah Carey and some other male famous country singer moved into your ward (I know! So cool!) and joined the church. And circumstances arose and you had to have them over for a party. Which of the two would you choose to perform?

Coolidge Cunnundrum

Dear Coolidge,
Sounds like someone knows me.. And finally! A question with relevance!
I think it depends on which male country artist it was. I'd enjoy the Johnny Cash type but Kenny Ch. would cause me pain. On the other hand, is there ever a good time for Mariah? I find her music as distasteful as her image. It took some effort just to find a picture of her this covered up, plus I hear she can be quite the handful. But I don't like rednecks, twangs, or ignorance, which rules out most country music. Still, I'll roll the dice with a male country artist and hope for someone bluesy.
Is there anybody out there still listening? This is so self indulgent.

10 comments:

B. O. said...

"But I don't like rednecks, twangs, or ignorance, which rules out most country music."

I also can't stand their american flag waving, their patriotism, thier pro-life stance, and that they won't concede that I know whats best for them. Their community college education (if that) can't compare to my Haaarvard education. And they talk different so they must be ignorant.
We elite people need to stick together.

Rebecca Larsen said...

Alisha, if you look closely at the compragging picture of yourself you'll see an uncanny resemblance to the Mariah Carey pose. See, I knew you secretly liked her! Imposter!

Elder Ballard's daughter moved into our ward and at first everyone was so stiff and a little bit not worthy, but that's a far cry from Mariah.

Carrie said...

i can't stand toby keith.

Mariah (in her most soft and sultry voice) said...

Alisha, I'm sorry you appear to be a hater, but I've had a rilly rilly hard life!! rilly!! Have you heard "I had a vision of love?' Do I need to sing it to you for you to remember?

Can I bring you some cereal covered in corn syrup for Christmas? will that make it right between us?

Mariah said...

Ughhhaaaaaall Ahiiiiii want fo-o-o-r Cah-rist-miss...Is you-who-who-who who!

See, now you'll never get this tune out of your head. So I'll be there even if Tim McGraw is singing.

Mandee said...

Is Kenny Chezney that guy who sings that "I've got friends in small places" song? ...lame. Too bad Johnny Cash is dead.

Bekah: said...

wait... Mariah is a mormon? Cool!

recockulous said...

Kanye West might be available

UD said...

a rousing rendition of Touch My Body will surely fill your house, so you'd have to go with Mariah Carey!

SupremeCourtJudge said...

I think the answer is clear. I would dig up Johnny Cash's corpse and seat him at the head of the table. Of course, some of my dinner guests might protest or complain about the rotting odor, but I would hush them by reminding them that this is friggin Johnny Cash sitting at our table.

Afterward, we would play party games, perhaps charade and twister with Mr. Johnny Cash's corpse. Then, of course, there would be a raffle in which a lucky guest would take the corpse home with them.

I think it would be a fantastic night.