Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Knick Knack Patty Whack-Updated!!

My Mother in Law took this photo of the ground cover at Silver Falls.

Five days since my last post? I really mean to post more often! My excuse, this time, is that my husband has been gone on a "work trip" to South by SouthWest, leaving me to tend to our 3 young children. Now that he's back in town, I bet you're thinking I am posting after sleeping in and enjoying a good night's sleep. Wrong! So wrong.

Did everyone remember that today is St. Patrick's Day? Does anyone care? I have decided to play Good Sport by taking some of the suggestions from the comment room in my Lucky post. I am hiding gold coins around the house with small prizes attached to them, like an ice cream cone promise or quarters. (News post in the near future: Whitman chokes on a quarter!) I made green thumb print cookies with ganache filling last night. Davy is suppose to be cutting out traced green shamrocks. And of course we're dressing in green. This had better win me a Mother of the Year Award.

I'll post pictures at the end of the day.

I had intended on answering a question but none stood out as being fresh and easy to answer. I have a few waiting for the photos to compliment, but nothing for today.

Hint: breezy, funny questions that don't require a lot of research on my part are the most likely to be answered.

Now I am going to attempt ye old St. Patrick's nap.

UPDATE:
I was way to tired to post last night, so here's what you don't care about today. I am calling it my Irish Tribute, my last name is Irish now, you know, so that gives me right.

Quickly, the kids liked these leprechaun cookies, (do not adjust your screen, they were really this bright), but they LOVED finding the hidden gold coins with treasure attached. I hide them in their bedroom and told them they had to clean their room entirely for the last 2 coins. Suckers.


I felt a little silly rolling around Target dressed like a member of Robin Hoods Merry Men, you know, all in green, so I don't know if I'll do that again.
The closest we will probably get to green eyes:


I'd like to say that that my children's laughter was the highlight of the day, but really it was this:

All the Liberty of London stuff now, briefly, at Target. It's selling like hotcakes so gobble up what you can. I've overloaded on pillows, stationary, plates, and -this is important if you live in my area- the red/pink floral sheath dress, which I plan on wearing, so be warned.

Here comes the tribute part:
Red Hair. Anything but natural red hair has been out of style for several years now, I think we were all burned-out after the 90's. But it's back and fresh again. Still, I do not think blue-based reds are making a comeback. So if you're hankering for red, keep in faux natural.


Alec Baldwin. I think he is really funny on 30 Rock and even when he hosts SNL, which I am way to old to watch.

It's not the most exciting photo, but I cleaned off my table to take it and I stole the greenery from a bush by my friend M.'s house, so enjoy.

Lastly, Becky, I mean Rebecca, was right. I was getting too pick with my request for questions. I was tired and therefore feeling lazy. I can only expect so much from you as you should expect little from me.

The End.

7 comments:

Bekah: said...

I am such a fan of spring green. (I recall being told once by you that it was the worst color for me to wear: but, I wear it anyway because I love it, but I do think of you everytime I put something green on)

St Patricks day is just an excuse for me to fill my jars with spring greenery from my yard and play Celtic Woman music all day. And, I do think my girls look cute in green.

Take a look at my blog post today to read my favorite irish blessing.

And yes it sounds like you deserve an award for your holiday preperations today.

Rebecca Larsen said...

Fresh? Easy to answer?





You're like the question Nazi, "NO QUESTION FOR YOU!"

How about,

do you like those sloping arm dinning chairs?

Or

What exotic yet classy band instrument did you play in high school?

or

What PR item of clothing have you thought about making/wearing?

or

Can your readers identify the top 5 embarrassing actions/walks you do? (In public)

Do you get bugged by non-hymn church music performed in Sacrament Meeting?

Chris Packard said...

Wow, Alisha...I'm pretty impressed. Shows me once again how I failed as a mother when I had young kids at home. Where do you women find TIME to do all this great stuff???

Janalee said...

I looked at target for the libery of london. didn't have it. I have a (homemade) pillowcase that looks like that orange flowered card in the background. love it.

good work on the festivities.

Angie K. said...

Hey I'm glad to see your red hair comment. Remember back in September when I told you I wanted to dye my hair red and you told me "hmmm...well no one is really doing red hair right now." Well since I have gone red (copper based mind you) it seems that I noticed so many more fake red-heads like me. Kinda like after you buy a new car you start to feel like everyone else has bought and is driving the same car as you? I guess I started another trend, no surprises there. Just in case you were wondering I LOVE being a red-head. I often wonder what you would think about it, If you are still the kind of person to hand out honest opinions. that is one of my favorite Alisa traits.

iknowjewels said...

who is this little boy getting his teeth in!? With blue and yellow eys? Miss him!

iknowjewels said...

who is this little boy getting his teeth in!? With blue and yellow eys? Miss him!