Friday, June 11, 2010

Dear Mrs. What-if-ington

(Day 3- Some of you whined about your dinner, so dessert is going to be light tonight.)


Dear Alisha and Readers,

Would your husband rather come home to a clean house and a haggard wife? Or a messy, dirty house and glammed up wife? (Glammed up meaning looking her best.)


Sincerely,
Mrs. What-if-ington

Dear Mrs. What-If,

My husband comes home to both....if we are having a party that starts in about 5 minutes. Most other days he gets a messy house
and a haggard wife.

If he was smart he would pick the clean house. It takes much longer to clean an entire house than it takes for me to get ready. And when my house is clean I am most likely in a good mood. But men, who knows what he'll say.

I will ask him and post his answer in the comment room.

Let's all be good sports and ask our husbands their preference.
I can't imagine that anyone's answer will affect their lives in any kind of way, but let's see what you have to say.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband said "both" and I told him he couldn't have "both".

Anonymous said...

Great post!! Bless the sweetheart of a man I married, he usually doesn't complain about either. Just as long as I slap on the glamour face 3 times out of the week he's generally satisfied as he can flaunt his gorge wife around town. The house usually doesn't look that bad.

Katie Richins said...

What about a presentable, but not perfectly cleaned house, and a presentable, but not glammed up wife? The house runs. People can stop by without complete and utter embarrassment to any of us. And I get dressed daily - no sweats here - but it's most likely jeans and a t-shirt and the hair in a ponytail 6 days/week.

Would that feel acceptable to you ladies? Or is that not up to par?

Rebecca said...

My husband told me he would like to me to "switch off each week just for variety." Of course, he wanted more details on what "glammed up" meant. Then he decided to go for that.

Rachel D said...

Ben said he'd rather have the glammed up wife. Even if the house sparkles, if the wife's grumpy, she'll make the husband miserable and unable to enjoy the clean house.

Justin Garrity said...

I'll turn the question around.

Would you rather have a husband who comes home with a $5,000 bonus or has magically lost 15 lbs?

Janalee said...

Art said he'd take the clean house because he finds a haggard Jana attractive anyway.

And Justin: I'd take the money.

Melissa Myers said...

I already know without asking - Tom would like the clean house. Some people light candles and dim the lights...I pour pine sol in the sink and run the vacuum. Works like a charm every time. And I'd take the money.

Jen said...

I'd take the money too.

My sweet husband would rather me be happy when he comes home than stressed out. So, whichever one makes me stressed, he wants the opposite. *love him*

Rachel W said...

Another vote for the money.

My husband said "depends on the day" but I kinda think he doesn't care quite as much about how clean the house is as much as me...

Emily said...

Kristian said "why can't I have both." Answer, because we have two kids and there are only 24 hours in a day.

Angie K. said...

My husband gets a variety. Sometimes I feel like dressing up for the day and sometimes I am in the mood to clean. Sometimes he gets both and sometimes he gets nothing. Lucky guy, huh?

Justin as for your proposal...I can almost rationalize choosing the 15lbs. Do you know how hard and long it takes to lose 15 lbs at our house? Longer than it takes to make an extra $5,000, and money doesn't come easy here. but flab does.