Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Back with a Vengeance

(Don't try to make the picture apply to the text.)
Dear Readers,

You may have noticed I've been away for the past couple of weeks. No, no, I'm fine, and your many emails and notes of concern have been touching. I've been away for a few reasons. Last March I started watching Lost on Netflicks, and that has really eaten into my free time. Fortunately for you, I finished off the series last night. (So the island is the source of what?) Additionally, I've been on a strict diet that takes up a lot of my time. "Huh?", you ask. It is because this diet is full of fresh vegetables and lean meats and that means I have to prepare and cook and shop for each and every meal and snack of my day. So much washing and chopping. I could go on, but instead I'll tell you that you can encourage me by commenting on how thin I look when you see me, even if you don't notice a difference. (Blog comments accepted as well.)

Lastly, I have found myself in a blogging slump: what's the point anyways?? Sure I enjoy being bossy, but is this really what I want to spend my time on? Shouldn't I be feeding the poor or teaching a foreign language to my children? So rather than half-heartedly posting here and there, I am trying this experiment: for the next week I will post every single day. That's right, contain yourself, I will post each day for a week. You can encourage me by sending in your tedious questions or commenting as if you cared. In the end, only I can decide if it's worth it.

Warning: I may be a little cranky this next week. This diet keeps my blood sugar low and I'm still adjusting. We're all adjusting.

Starting... now!

6 comments:

Anna K. said...

PLEASE don't stop blogging! I love your blogs. they bring such a smile to my face. Your baby is so cute!!!! I LOVE Lost too, but the ending was so WIERD!!

Unknown said...

Your blog is the only one I read. Keep going, I'll comment more, and I have friends that read your blog that have never met you.

Rebecca said...

I'll be anxiously awaiting each and every post.

BTW, I love the bacon band-aid on that cute chubby baby. That's Davy, right?

Rachel D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa Myers said...

So happy you're back! Just consider your blogging a service to us all. You have a talent, so you might as well share it. What if Yo Yo Ma decided he should be picking up trash on the side of the highway to better the world instead of playing beautiful music? What a waste. Just keep blogging and think of all us out here waiting for entertainment, advice, and distraction from the mundane....

Anonymous said...

What diet r you on.